Find the answer to your question
How can I use a "fake" tracking number in CompleteSale?
How to enter an generic tracking number using CompleteSale
When using CompleteSale, and trying to input ShipmentTrackingNumber and ShippingCarrierUsed.
- The format of the tracking number must be consistent with the format used by the specified shipping carrier (ShippingCarrierUsed).
- The tracking number also needs to be unique. So it can't be used again by the same seller.
- Commonly used shipping carriers can be found by calling GeteBayDetails with DetailName set to ShippingCarrierDetails and examining the returned ShippingCarrierCodeTypes.
If you do not have a valid tracking number, because not all carriers assign tracking numbers, or if you just need to enter in a generic tracking number, please follow these steps,
1. Check ShippingCarrierCodeType, under the CompeteSale API for the Shipment.ShipmentTrackingDetails.ShippingCarrierUsed input, and try to find an "Other" value. (US site is "Other", other sites might have a different value).
2. Use the "Other" value as the carrier.
3. Use a generic value and be sure it is unique for the tracking number. A good practice would be to use the OrderID as the tracking number since the OrderID will always be unique.
Here is an example of how to upload generic tracking information,
| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
CompleteSale - http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/CompleteSale.html
GeteBayDetails - http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GeteBayDetails.html