Find the answer to your question
Why am getting "Invalid" data errors when trying to make Login and/or GetUserAlerts API calls?
When trying to make calls to Client Alerts API's, you will often get "Invalid" data error, or you will get a successful response with no data in the response.
The reason you may be getting the "Invalid" data error, is you MUST URL-encode the ClientAlertsAuthToken for the Login call and both the SessionData and SessionID when making a GetUserAlerts call (when making the call via URL).
For more details on the steps to take in order to make a GetUserAlerts call, refer to article https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1973
Client Alerts Call Reference: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/client-alerts/docs/CallRef/index.html
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Error 127 - Invalid application name
- What is the difference between Platform Notifications and Client Alerts?
- Why am I not receiving the ItemEnded Client Alert for fixed-price items?
- Client Alerts Login Request fails with "Invalid ClientAlerts Auth Token"
- Very simple explanation of how to get ClientAlerts. This article is meant for those who are looking for the most direct step by step how to for getting their ClientAlerts.