Find the answer to your question
Question: Why do some of my images appear distorted after I upload them via UploadSiteHostedPictures?
Answer: Often the cause of the distortion from a particular corruption of the source images provided to UploadSiteHostedPictures. Often, the 'corruption' in the source image is not visible to naked eye, but contains an Alpha channel transparency(which can also impose using any of image processing softwares available). Png files support alpha transparency but UploadSiteHostedPictures will convert all png files to Jpeg and jpeg doesnt support alpha transparency.
When this happens and an image is moved to a format with no alpha support and it can easily became corrupted. So there is no support this type of image with applied transparencies by the eBay framework.
How well did this answer your question?
Answers others found helpful
- Gallery Image is not showing on the site
- FAQs on eBayPictureServices (EPS) and the UploadSiteHostedPictures API call
- Multiple images for a listing
- Some items are displaying a gray polaroid image in the store category view or the item category view, but the image appears in the view item page.
- UploadSiteHostedPictures: Why am I recieving the error "MyPictureUpload is Full" error code?