Here are some FAQs on the temporary restrictions around accepting terms and conditions for certain regions Merchant Integration Platform Promoted Listing Feeds.
What is Promoted Listings?
Promoted Listings is an eBay advertising service that sellers can use to market and promote selected items in their inventory. By creating Promoted Listings ad campaigns, sellers can put their best merchandise in front of active shoppers to increase item exposure, which leads to the likelihood of a sale.
What is MIP?
The Merchant Integration Platform (MIP) is a feed-based selling platform for businesses and enterprise merchants. It lets sellers to easily and efficiently upload inventory to eBay in bulk and then efficiently manage orders. MIP can handle large volume of data and is a preferred mode of integration for sellers who deal with high volume.
What are Promoted Listings Feeds for MIP?
Sellers who deal with high inventory volume need a bulk way to access Promoted Listing services, so that they can easily automate the process of creating Promoted Listingss at scale. MIP will now support two new Marketing Feeds which allow large sellers to understand which of their listings are eligible for promotion and then create and manage your promoted listings in bulk.
I was trying to use Merchant Integration Platform (MIP) to do Promoted Listings, why was I redirected here?
If you are a seller from any of the below regions and you have never used Promoted Listings before, your region is currently not auto-enabled for use with MIP Promoted Listings feeds.
Regions where Promoted Listings is support but the regions are not auto-enabled for MIP Promoted Listings feeds:
How can I start using MIP Promoted Listings Feeds for these regions?
To start using MIP Promoted Listings feeds for these regions, please follow these steps:
- Go to Seller Hub and click on the Marketing Tab.
- Attempt to create a sample campaign using the Campaign Management UI flow.
- You will be asked to accept the Terms of Service (ToS). Please follow instructions to complete the process.
- Once the ToS has been accepted, create a sample campaign. You DO NOT need to add any actual promoted listings to this campaign, but you are free to add promoted listings later on.
- Come back to the MIP interface and try creating a campaign and associated promoted listings.
You should now be able to proceed with MIP Promoted Listings Feeds as expected.